Thursday, December 02, 2004

I've stopped caring

It's 1:01 p.m. and I'm in my philosophy class. I'll be here for another hour, and my computer's battery won't last that long. Eventually I might have to pay attention.

This is the last class before the final exam. I should be paying attention, but I'm not. I should be taking notes, but I don't want to. I realized this semester that it's very easy to pay attention and enjoy a class you want to be in, but this is not one of those classes.

This is my final general education course, and I'm taking it credit/no credit. So why bother trying? I have a B average so far. I have to have a C- or better to get the four unites credit for this course. I could get a D- on the final and still pass. Not to mention all of philosophy is open to interpretation.

For someone who specializing in BS-ing papers, I'm confident in my ability to get at least a D- on the final.

I truly don't care about this class, and I don't want to be here.

Next semester will be just the opposite. I'm taking 18 units - against my advisor's will. I'm not taking all these classes because I think I am a genius who must soak up all information possible. I enjoy the subject matter of those classes. All of them.

So why not take 18 units. If it gets to be too much, I'll drop a class. Big deal.

But that's next semester. I'll have to wait for January to enjoy learning. Until then, it's 1:07 p.m., and I'm still in philosophy. Not caring, not trying, not listening and not enjoying.

No comments:

Hit Counter

Everyone's visiting the NO JOSHIN' blog. Tell your friends to take a look!
Hit Counter