Sunday, December 26, 2004

Napoleon Dynamite lacks bang

Napoleon Dynamite - a movie about a quirky teenager growing up in the remotes of Idaho with a love for dancing and the way of the ninja who's really just trying to understand his life while living with his Uncle Rico, whose shady business deals are just some of the things that make Napoleon's social life in small-town Idaho all the more difficult - is unlike any other movie I've seen in recent memory.

Similar to certain Seinfeld episodes, I seemed to be about nothing. The only problem with that: This movie lacked the humor and creativity of Jerry Seinfeld and Larry David.

To those of you who have seen Napoleon Dynamite:
I'm sorry you had to sit through that.

To those of you who have yet to experience this cinematic disaster:
AVOID AT ALL COSTS!

An annoying main character with even duller co-stars helps to create what I can only imagine to be the essence of living in middle-of-nowhere-Idaho. The movie's climax occurs when Napoleon, after his friend's speech for class president, begins dancing on stage in front of the auditorium.

My only thought at this point was no ... or hell no maybe.

It pains me to realize that so many people across the country enjoyed this movie - a movie I was told I too would enjoy. And I like comedies. This, however, was no comedy. This was a plot-less, thought-less result of the synthesis between illegal narcotics and the ability to create a motion picture.

No comments:

Hit Counter

Everyone's visiting the NO JOSHIN' blog. Tell your friends to take a look!
Hit Counter