Wednesday, July 27, 2005

No time for sleep

After Monday's Summer Conference II in Grapevine, I went out for a night on the town with a few other Vector reps and managers as a reward for being one of the top sales reps from the conference. The 20 of us (including top reps, winning managers and the division manager) boarded a party bus and went to dinner at Fogo De Chao. We drove around Dallas before going to The Dome in Reunion Tower.

The night that started just after the conference around 6:30 p.m. ended at midnight. At that point, I stayed up past 3 a.m. talking to another rep I met on the party bus, Anna. Apparently, when you combine the propensity for constant talking that we both share, no one gets any sleep. We talked until about 3:15 a.m. before I finally went to bed for 45 minutes - after all, I did have to wake up at 4 a.m. for my internship.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed talking with Anna a lot - although she did make me feel like crap because I never single-handedly tried to solve world hunger (she's one of the truly good people in the world) - but I hadn't slept since 4 a.m. Monday morning.

Now I was expected to go to my internship having slept 45 minutes of the past 24 hours. Needless to say, that didn't work out too well.

When I got to my internship, the lady I work for let me go after about an hour because it was such a slow news day and I was so tired. Thank God! I went home and got some much-needed sleep.

No comments:

Hit Counter

Everyone's visiting the NO JOSHIN' blog. Tell your friends to take a look!
Hit Counter