Friday, November 05, 2004

Thank you Glendal the goddess

If you read Thursday's blog entry about my computer meltdown then you understand just how stressed out I've been since yesterday morning. Today provided some well-needed relief. I would like to take this time to thank the tech support representative who did the one thing no other rep could: solve my computer problems.

I called tech support this afternoon in a desperate attempt to find someone who could help me with my computer. I went through the touch-tone maze of options before finally getting through to a representative.

"Hi this is Glendal. How may I help you today?"

"I'd like to speak with a supervisor," I said. I was in a bad mood. I was not ready for another gruling day in an uphill battle against uncooperative tech support reps.

"Oh, okay. Can I have your phone number first to pull up the account."

I gave her the number.

"Mr. Feldman?"

"Yes."

"Thank you, and what is the nature of the problem so that I can tell the supervisor?" she asked.

"I've spent the past 36 hours trying to find someone who will acknowledge the three-year warranty I purchased for my computer," I said. I was so sick of this process. "Each time I call yall, you say that I don't have a warranty and that I'm not covered and I just need my computer fixed. So whatever I have to do to get someone to recognize my warranty's existance, I wanna do."

"Yes, here it is. A three year warranty purchased last August from Sony Style with the computer, correct?"

"Uh...yeah!" I said. I was shocked. She found it.

"You had it faxed over to us, correct?"

"Yeah, I did. Yall got it?" I couldn't believe it.

"Yes, I have it right here," said Glendal.

"Thank you!" I cried out. "I've been trying to get someone in your offices to find the proof of that warranty, and you did it. Everyone I talked to yesterday said they couldn't find the fax. Thank you so much."

"Yes, now tell me exactly what's wrong with the computer and I'll put it in my report then we can get it fixed."

"Just...get it fixed? No redirecting my calls. You can help?"

"Yes," she said, somewhat confused by my questions.

"Then you must be the only rep who can because it seems like I talked to all the rest of them yesterday morning and afternoon," I said. "What'd you say your name was?"

"Glendal."

"Well, Glendal, you are awesome. In that case I don't need to speak to your supervisor, but if you talk to him, tell him you deserve a promotion and everyone else needs to be fired," I joked. It was such a relief to have a rep who didn't send me through a maze of 1-800 phone numbers with no clear solution to my problem in sight. But now Glendal had the solution. She said she could help. She said she had a copy of my purchase of the warranty. This was it!

I gave her the description of what was wrong with my computer. She said she would have a box sent to my apartment for me to pack up the computer and send it back to Sony for repairs.

"And that's it?" I asked, puzzled by the simplicity of the process.

"That's it," Glendal said.

"Great, thank you Glendal."

"Thank you for calling Sony."


No comments:

Hit Counter

Everyone's visiting the NO JOSHIN' blog. Tell your friends to take a look!
Hit Counter