Tuesday, March 15, 2005

The best night of sleep

Two nights ago as I sat in my apartment at USC preparing to come home, I did lots of homework, did a sink-full of dishes, took out the trash and packed my bag all from 9 p.m. Sunday night to 3:05 a.m. Monday morning.

After all that work, I set up my DVD recorder to tape a few shows while I was gone and went to bed. I fell asleep around 3:20, just two hours before the shuttle would arrive at my aprtment to take me to the airport for my 7:45 flight. I woke up after only an hour and 45 minutes of sleep.

The plane flight was torture. I was in a middle seat between a smelly man and a talkative guy who was determined to keep me awake for the entire flight. Actually, he eventually put on some headphones and I zonked out sitting upright without the slightest hint of legroom.

Actually when the man in front of me tried to lean his seat back, he'd hit my knees, and his seat wouldn't move. He gave me a dirty look as if I was deliberately not letting him lean back. It's not my fault I have long legs. Don't blame me that there's no room between my knees and the back of your seat.

So I made it to Dallas having only slept a total of three and a half hours since waking up Sunday morning. Monday night I went to bed at 10 p.m. and woke up this morning at 11:30 a.m. That was probably the greatest night of sleep I can remember. I did wake up around 7 a.m when Alice called, but after we got off the phone I was once again unconcious - out - gone.

So now I'm wide awake and probably won't be able to get to bed tonight for another few hours because of how much sleep I got last night. I don't mind though. I am on spring break after all, so it's not like there's somewhere I have to be or work I have to do.

Good night.

No comments:

Hit Counter

Everyone's visiting the NO JOSHIN' blog. Tell your friends to take a look!
Hit Counter