Friday, March 11, 2005

MADDenNESS

I can't stand it! I play Madden 2005 virtually every day, and I can't deal with it anymore. I'm a competitive person, and I'm getting my ass kicked by the computer ... by the NFL Europe teams ... as the Panthers.

I don't completely suck at this game. Actually, I'm pretty good. But when I play on All-Madden mode, I can't beat anyone, regardless of what team I am. And it always starts out the same:

We'll be all tied up after the first quarter, either at 0-0 or 3-3 or a low score like that. Then in the second quarter the computer will take a slight lead before I get a touchdown. Then just before halftime the computer gets an interception - or three - and the game is out of reach before the third quarter even starts.

I can't stand it. There's a reason I purchased the one year warranty when I bought a new PS2 controller - which is the same reason I had to get a new PS2 controller - which is the same reason I've already had to use that warranty: I get angry and break controllers because I'm too competitive for a game that I have no chance to defeat!

I get so mad because it's just a video game, yet it still for some reason it makes me so FREAKING mad. Why the shit does the computer always find some seemingly craptastic way to seize control of the game midway through the second quarter? I shouldn't be letting this game determine if I'm having a good day or a bad day, but when the computer gets a fumble returned for a TD and the one I get is reversed by a challenge I swear I'm gonna lose it!

Maybe I should just not play anymore. Or maybe I should just play on the All-Pro level or just the Pro level - where it's virtually too easy for me to defeat the computer. But DAMN IT this game can ruin my day, but I just can't stop playing it!

No comments:

Hit Counter

Everyone's visiting the NO JOSHIN' blog. Tell your friends to take a look!
Hit Counter