Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Orange Bowl audio

These are sounds from the pep rally and the Orange Bowl I recorded during my brief but amazing visit to Miami for Southern California's appearance in the FedEx Orange Bowl.
Listen up as the greatest band in the history of the universe fired up Trojans fans in Miami at the pep rally the night before the Orange Bowl.
this is an audio post - click to play
this is an audio post - click to play
this is an audio post - click to play
Band director and on-campus celebrity Dr. Arthur C. Bartner gives his opinion of OU fans after he and band were surrounded by Sooners all day.
this is an audio post - click to play
The Spirit of Troy plays Get Down Tonight.
this is an audio post - click to play
Bartner talks about the Trojans' defense.
this is an audio post - click to play
this is an audio post - click to play
A SoCal spell out at the pep rally.
this is an audio post - click to play
The band plays a fan-favorite, Tusk (also known as UCLA Sucks), at the pep rally.
this is an audio post - click to play
Bartner talks about the importance of the crowd support for the team.
this is an audio post - click to play
The pep rally was amazing. I was ready for the game to start then. All the Trojan faithful were. After hearing the greatest band in the history of the universe play for hours and seeing a sea of cardinal and gold in the huge meeting room of a hotel, I was ready for kick off with 22 hours to go.
When I got inside Pro Player Stadium, the site of the Orange Bowl, I got to my seat and had one thought.
this is an audio post - click to play
The game ended and the final score was even more unbelieveable than the realization that I had just witnessed the Trojans win a second straight national championship.
this is an audio post - click to play
After the game I stayed in the stands to see the trophy presentation. The band kept on playing. The fans kept on cheering. Head coach Pete Carroll as well as numerous other assistant coaches were covered in gatorade. It was such an amazing moment.
this is an audio post - click to play
this is an audio post - click to play
this is an audio post - click to play
Seeing the Trojans beat the Sooners in the Orange Bowl will most likely be one of if not my greatest memory when I look back on my college experience. With more than two years to go in my college career, however, who knows what the future holds. All I know is that since my arrival at USC, I have felt no greater joy than that which I experienced as the final seconds ticked off the clock at the Orange Bowl.
The University of Southern California Trojans
2004 College Football National Champions

No comments:

Hit Counter

Everyone's visiting the NO JOSHIN' blog. Tell your friends to take a look!
Hit Counter