Saturday, January 08, 2005

Stand up!

When I read about the parents of a 13-year-old girl spending detention with her because they felt responsible for her constant tardiness, I realized that I would probably have done the same thing. Even though this girl said it was a little embarrassing to have her mom and stepdad in detention with her, I think it's pretty cool of them to take the punishment along with their daughter.

After six tardies, the school gave her a detention which her mother argued, saying that because the family's van wouldn't start, the tardies weren't her fault. The school rejected the mother's objection to the punishment, so she decided to do the time for the crime with her daughter.

That's pretty cool of the parents. As dumb as I would probably feel sitting with my parents in detention, I like the idea that they stood up for the fact that their daughter's tardiness wasn't her own fault.

No comments:

Hit Counter

Everyone's visiting the NO JOSHIN' blog. Tell your friends to take a look!
Hit Counter