Monday, May 16, 2005

The busy summer ahead

Wednesday I'm starting my internship with 570 KLIF helping out with the radio station's 5-9 a.m. newscast. I'll be putting in about 20 hours a week writing news stories, monitoring breaking news, and doing numerous other jobs I don't yet know about (which should be interesting).

Along with this internship, I will also once again be working with Vector doing direct sales. I hope to sell $10K more than last summer's $32K of sales. I will also be spending two afternoons each week in the office working with more advanced sales reps. On Mondays, I will lead meetings at the office for advanced reps. I am really looking forward to it.

Granted this summer I'm going to be extremely busy and most likely sleep-deprived. With the internship from 5-9 am (and I'd probably have to be there at 4:30 a.m.) and Vector for the rest of the day, I have no idea how I'm gonna be able to get enough sleep. But I really don't care. The fact remains that I'm gonna be doing things I enjoy this summer. I wish the internship was paid, but I guess I'll have to deal with that by trying to make more with Vector this summer.

By the end of the summer, I am going to buy the massage chair from Sharper Image that I've been eyeing for a year or so. I probably won't be able to get the chair back to my apartment in California for the school year (unless my brother drives it out in his Tahoe if he brings that to CalTech). But if I buy it by June 30 (when the $100 off deal going on the chair expires), I'll at least get half a summer with it.

DAMN THAT LOOKS COMFY!

That'll be relaxing...unlike the hectic summer I have ahead.

No comments:

Hit Counter

Everyone's visiting the NO JOSHIN' blog. Tell your friends to take a look!
Hit Counter