Tuesday, May 24, 2005

For 'The Best'

It looks like the overwhelming schedule I am faced with this summer will cost me more than sleep. I'm trying to deal with the fact that my girlfriend of more than two years - Alice - and I are taking some time apart this summer. This actually happened last Thursday.

At first, it was really tough for me to deal with, but after almost two weeks of being "on a break" I'm getting used to it. I mean, I know it would have been almost impossible to fulfill the commitments I'd made to my internship and Vector this summer while having a girlfriend, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't have tried to cut back on some of those responsibilities for her - because I would have.



It's not there was one big reason for this, though. I guess Alice put it best when she said that it was just time. It was for the best, and - as much as I really hate to admit it - she may be right (after more than two years, now she's right about something, hehe).

It'll be weird though. We still talk a lot, and we still hang out from time to time. It doesn't necessarily feel that different either at times. I know that many people try the whole "being friends" thing, and I know it doesn't always work out. Granted it's been less than two weeks, but I am gettin' the feeling that this "being friends" thing may just work out.

At least, I hope it does. It would suck not have her as a part of my life. Bottom line, she's a good friend to have, regardless of if we're dating or not. And I think it'd be "for the best" not to break off all ties.

No comments:

Hit Counter

Everyone's visiting the NO JOSHIN' blog. Tell your friends to take a look!
Hit Counter