Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Hockey shutout

Did you know the NHL post season began today?

I know hockey is still climbing back from when they hit rock bottom during the locked out 2004-2005 season, but the fact that I cannot find any playoff games on my TV isn't helping the situation.

Right now the Stars - my Dallas Stars - are playing the Vancouver Canucks on a channel known as Versus, which is apparently tougher to secure than NFL Network.

I don't pretend to be a big-time hockey fan. I'm a casual fan at best. I like the Stars, and I hate the Red Wings and Avs (who outside of Detroit and Colorado doesn't?). But that doesn't mean I wouldn't watch other teams in the post season. It's the playoffs. I want to see who makes it to the Stanley Cup Finals and how they got there.

Reading final scores online or seeing replays on SportsCenter doesn't cut it. If any of you hockey junkies know where I can get a quick fix for something on ice - whiskey works - please let me know.

Until then, I will aimlessly wander the dial looking for hockey while the rest of this apathetic-toward-hockey nation fails to realize this most exciting time of the NHL season is finally here.

No comments:

Hit Counter

Everyone's visiting the NO JOSHIN' blog. Tell your friends to take a look!
Hit Counter