Sunday, April 22, 2007

Spectacular Sports-Saturday

I never realized just how much I love April. From a sports standpoint, it's got to be one of the best times of the year. I know there's no NFL games on, and that's what's keeping April from being the best month of the year.

Here's a rundown of the all the games I watched in whole or in part Saturday:

That's a LOT of sports. And it's damn near every sport. Now here's the kicker: during commercials I was able to flip over to NFL Network and get updates about next weekend's NFL Draft. The only way to beat a day like the one I had yesterday is if you have DirecTV NFL Sunday Ticket - and even then, you're still missing a lot of other great games that could be on because those sports are out of season.

I'm not a TiVo owner, so I don't have the flexibility to start watching something late and fast-forward through the commercials. But I don't recall having to sit through very many - if any - commercials yesterday. When the hockey games on NBC hit intermission, I flipped over to ABC or ESPN for basketball. When a timeout was called in the basketball games, I went to FOX for Yankees/Red Sox. Bringing in a new pitcher? I'll check out a pitching wedge on CBS. Who needs a TiVo? I just need April.

As a sports fan, I always assumed October was the best time of the year. The MLB is in the postseason. The NFL is hitting its stride. Basketball and hockey are about to start up. But even without NFL football games being played (don't worry, Arena Football is a great substitute), April is a great time for sports.

It's time to sit back, relax and enjoy because today I expect more of the same.

1 comment:

Ben Wall said...

Oh, you can't tell me you missed the great NFL Europe matchups this weekend.


Ouch.

Hit Counter

Everyone's visiting the NO JOSHIN' blog. Tell your friends to take a look!
Hit Counter